1. Say “Ohm!”—Set aside some time daily to meditate: Just sit quietly, and repeat a positive mantra.
2. Take a breath—When you start to feel overwhelmed, breathe deeply for five minutes to lower your blood pressure and heart rate.
3. Be present—All too often we rush through things, so slow down and focus on what you are doing in the moment.
4. Talk it out—Connect with your social support system when things get crazy and talk through your stress.
5. Be body aware—Stress affects your body, so take some time each day to scan your body to see how it is feeling.
6. Massage—Decompress with massage to lessen the affects of stress on your body, mind and soul. (Psst! We’ve heard that Massage Envy Spa is a great choice.)
7. Laugh it up—You can lighten your load with a laugh and lower your level of the stress hormone cortisol at the same time.
8. Play a song—Soothing tunes will help you relax, but if rockin’ out works for you, by all means dance your heart out.
9. Move it—Speaking of blowing off steam, all forms of exercise can boost your mood and elevate stress.
10. Say thanks—Being grateful for the good in your life, and keeping a record of it, gives you something to look back on when you start to feel weighed down by stress.
Whether you incorporate just one of these suggestions or all 10 ideas into your daily life, you will find them helpful for decreasing your stress levels.